Sunday, August 5, 2012

DIY Flowers and Lace Ring

After I have made the floral headband, I had a few flowers left, which naturally made me think of what to do with them. And as I hate to see good flowers just lie around doing nothing, I decided to make another DIY project. This one is a flower and lace ring.    

Here is what you'll need:

  • Ribbon flowers 
  • Lace 
  • Scissors 
  • Wire cutters 
  • Needle and thread 
  • A glue gun  
  • A metal ring base 

Step 1: Take the lace and fold at one ends. Make another fold and sew it on to the first fold. Continue folding and sewing in a circle until you have a lace rosette like the one above.  

Step 2: With wire cutters cut off the stems of the ribbon flowers.  

Step 3: Arrange the flowers on the rosette and glue them into place with the glue gun.

Step 4: Using the glue gun, attach the ring base to the back of the rosette. 

And you're done! 

This is a really fun and easy project. It makes for a pretty ostentatious ring, but if you are a fan of statement pieces and have a soft spot for lace, this is definitely the ring for you!   

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Mrs. Bertin,

    I am the Editorial Apprentice for AllFreeJewelryMaking.com. I would love to feature some of your fabulous tutorials on our site, like this DIY Flowers and Lace Ring, with one photo and a link back to your site for the full tutorial, so none of your content is reproduced. Please let me know if you are interested in being featured, and I'd be happy to link up to some of your projects on AllFreeJewelryMaking! I can either choose the projects to feature on the site, or if you prefer, you can send me links to projects you are interested in having featured.

    Also, if you'd like, once we have linked up to at least two projects, I can set up a designer profile for you with a brief bio and links to your site/blog and social media resources.

    Thanks!
    Molly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...